Drenched in sunshiny goodness for 12 days straight. Beach loving, wave worshiping, and bliss surfing. Came back to reality lacquered in happiness … wearing an enamel of brightness and beauty and strength. Feel restored and excited. Light and energetic. In fact, I’m so in love with life right now that I can barely wait for the next day to arrive. Makes sleeping a bit difficult but … it’s a good feeling. Lots of things are helping to sustain the good aloha vibes.
- honeymoon phase with myles … he missed me (and our little life) while I was gone and is super grateful I’m back
- spending a couple of amazing hours with dez … hadn’t seen him in ages
- loving puppy dog who makes me laugh all the time … and who does amazing swimming at porteau cove
- cherry blossoms and golden sunshine
- easter dinner with some of my favourite people
- yoga + music (REPEAT many times)
- bike riding with my saturday girl and zombie marathon with SLC
- enough time during my work day to breathe and think and feel like I’ve accomplished enough stuff to go home at the end of the day
- fun fun fun conversations with _________
- new iPhone … I know it doesn’t quite fit with all of the other items on this list but you try going 2 whole weeks without a phone … brutal (special thanks to SLC for letting me hold hers and use hers and sleep with hers when we were in hawaii)
Plus … so many fun things on the horizon. Including (but not limited to) visiting with friends and family, tattoos, stand-up paddling, hiking, wanderlust, road-trips, biking, sangria, kayaking, beach yoga, big lebowski theme parties, and basking on patios. Summer is just around the corner and life is good.
PS … I know this is not the most profound or provocative thing I have ever posted, but go listen to this – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yeb3q5nqWA. Then you’ll know how it feels to be cellularly infused with golden, blissful, mind-blowing yumminess. Hard to be profound and provocative when you just want to smile and dance and kiss.
cast of characters
myles (bub) – the creative / funny / smart 17-year-old who lives with me, my stepson
dez (mondo) – myles’amazing twin brother, currently being held hostage by his crazy mom
sidney (sid) – best dog in the world, PBx who found his way to me via the SPCA 8 yrs ago
carrie (beaver chop) – my “saturday girl” who is willing to try just about anything
sherri (SLC) – my musical soul mate who shares with me a love of vampires and the absurd
he who shall remain nameless (no pants) – tattooed occupant of room 708 and lover of mittens