I’ve been waiting a lifetime for this day to come. A day that would erase the gloom of the past couple of weeks. A day that would encourage the earth to settle. A day that would allow the anxiety to evaporate.
We needed this one. I needed this one. It was a day that included the perfect mix of peace and energy, time alone and contact with others, discipline and fun.
If the universe had thrown in cookies and stand-up paddling and kissing … my little heart might have exploded. It would have been too much blissy goodness to cram into one tiny day. It was just right.
Today’s playlist included a million tiny moments that made this blond girl say mmmmmmm.
- waking early with golden sunbeams kissing my eyelids
- starbucks, starbucks, and more starbucks from my favourite Hawaii mug
- page after page of journalling
- long distance phone calls with people big and small ❤
- sifting through tunes to make the perfect beach playlist
- first bikini session of the year
- spanish banks … the loveliest of all
- music, music, and more music (including a mega dose of doors and jimmy morrison)
- secret selfies … smiling is over-rated
- tan lines and flip flops
- baddha padmasana and the end of the challenge
- running my ass off
- handstands … working on lotus legs and dropping into chaturanga … so far to go
- take out mac n cheese
- patio time
- saving a bumble bee
- messages from the killer blond on the other side of the country
Yup … it was a good day. 🙂
cast of characters
GSB (george street barbie) – my long-distance love whose lips are a volcano (really hot)